Apple announce the release of Logic Pro update 9.1.8 which includes performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Although not the fabled Logic Pro X we've all been waiting for, Apple have released an update to Logic Pro 9 available on the App store.
Here are the the Release notes as presented by Apple:
- Additional content downloads now behave correctly when installing on OS X Lion and OS X Mountain Lion.
- Resolves an issue in which the Save As command sometimes resulted in an alert dialog in Logic 9.1.7.
- Fixes an issue that caused an Airplay dialog to repeatedly appear.
- Relaunching the audio driver now reliably applies changes made to the buffer size.
Performance and Stability
- Resolves performance issues when using plug-ins that provide frequent graphic feedback.
- Resolves an issue that could cause an abnormally large monitoring delay after a computer wakes from sleep.
Plug-ins and Instruments
- Fixes an issue with ES2 that could create distortion when a sidechain was used as the modulation source.
- Tuner now responds consistently when used in a channel strip that also contains plug-ins which introduce latency.
- The MIDI channel for a multi output software instrument is no longer changed when adding Aux outputs when there are regions on the track.
- Logic now properly maintains Aux assignments for multi-output instances of Kontakt that are migrated from earlier versions to Kontakt 5.
- Resolves an issue in which deleting tracks took longer than expected if Melodyne Editor was inserted on a track.